Re: [RFC 0/3] media: ov5640: Adjust htot, rework clock tree, add LINK_FREQ

Hi again,

On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 10:24:38AM +0200, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> On 03/11/2020 10:19, Jacopo Mondi wrote:
> > Hi Tomi,
> >     thanks for testing
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 09:19:17AM +0200, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> >> Hi Jacopo,

> >> Unfortunately the second patch seems to break capture on AM6 EVM + OV5640. The effect is pretty odd.
> >> The picture is very dark, with odd vertical lines, but it's still capturing something as I can see a
> >> correctly shaped shadow of my hand if I wave my hand over the sensor.
> >
> > This saddens me quite a lot :( The current clock tree programming
> > procedure is horrid and it has been bugging me for 2 years now :(
> >
> > Is capture broken in all modes, or have you tested a single one ?
>
> I tested 640x480, 720x480, 720x576.
>
> I have only this sensor to test the CSI RX on AM6 EVM, so I would not be surprised if there are
> issues in the CSI RX driver (too). But this is super frustrating to debug, as the sensor is a badly
> documented black box, and I don't have means to probe the CSI lines...

I see.. I'm sure you noticed, but as you mentioned the 'second patch'
I'll point it out anyway: the series has to be applied in full, as the
last patch adds support for reporting the link frequency, that has
been re-calculated by patch 2/3. On imx6 and on Hugues' platforms
adjusting the receiver's link frequency based on what's reported makes a
difference.

Maybe Hugues can give this series a spin to provide an additional data
point ?

Thanks