[RFC 0/3] media: ov5640: Adjust htot, rework clock tree, add LINK_FREQ

Hi Hugues Tomi and Sam

   this small series collects Tomi's patch on adjusting htot which has been
floating around for some time with a rework of the clock tree based on
Hugues' and Sam's work on setting pclk_period. It also address the need to
suppport LINK_FREQUENCY control as pointed out by Hugues.

I'm sort of happy with the result as I've removed quite some chrun and the clock
tree calculation is more linear. All modes work except full-resolution which a
bit annoys me, as I can't select it through s_fmt (to be honest I have not
investigated that in detail, that's why an RFC).

Framerate is better than before, but still off for some combinations:
640x480@30 gives me ~40 FPS, 1920x1080@15 gives me ~7.
The other combinations I've tested looks good.

Can I have your opinion on these changes and if they help you with your
platforms?

I've only been able to test YUYV, support for formats with != bpp will need
some work most probably, but that was like this before (although iirc Hugues
has captured JPEG, right ?)

There's a bit more cleanup on top to be done (I've left TODOs around) and
probably the HBLANK calculation should be checked to see if it works with the
new htot values.

Thanks

Jacopo Mondi (2):
  media: i2c: ov5640: Rework CSI-2 clock tree
  media: i2c: ov5640: Add V4L2_CID_LINK_FREQ support

Tomi Valkeinen (1):
  media: i2c: ov5640: Adjust htot

 drivers/media/i2c/ov5640.c | 176 +++++++++++++++++++++++++------------

2.28.0