Re: [RFC 0/3] media: ov5640: Adjust htot, rework clock tree, add LINK_FREQ

Hi Jacopo,

On 29/10/2020 00:57, Jacopo Mondi wrote:
> Hi Hugues Tomi and Sam
>
>    this small series collects Tomi's patch on adjusting htot which has been
> floating around for some time with a rework of the clock tree based on
> Hugues' and Sam's work on setting pclk_period. It also address the need to
> suppport LINK_FREQUENCY control as pointed out by Hugues.
>
> I'm sort of happy with the result as I've removed quite some chrun and the clock
> tree calculation is more linear. All modes work except full-resolution which a
> bit annoys me, as I can't select it through s_fmt (to be honest I have not
> investigated that in detail, that's why an RFC).
>
> Framerate is better than before, but still off for some combinations:
> 640x480@30 gives me ~40 FPS, 1920x1080@15 gives me ~7.
> The other combinations I've tested looks good.
>
> Can I have your opinion on these changes and if they help you with your
> platforms?
>
> I've only been able to test YUYV, support for formats with != bpp will need
> some work most probably, but that was like this before (although iirc Hugues
> has captured JPEG, right ?)
>
> There's a bit more cleanup on top to be done (I've left TODOs around) and
> probably the HBLANK calculation should be checked to see if it works with the
> new htot values.

Unfortunately the second patch seems to break capture on AM6 EVM + OV5640. The effect is pretty odd.
The picture is very dark, with odd vertical lines, but it's still capturing something as I can see a
correctly shaped shadow of my hand if I wave my hand over the sensor.

 Tomi

--
Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki