Re: [ANNOUNCE] git tree repositories & libv4l

On Monday 22 February 2010 23:54:26 Brandon Philips wrote:
> On 18:24 Sat 23 Jan 2010, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > >lib/
> > >	libv4l1/
> > >	libv4l2/
> > >	libv4lconvert/
> > >utils/
> > >	v4l2-dbg
> > >	v4l2-ctl
> > >	cx18-ctl
> > >	ivtv-ctl
> > >contrib/
> > >	test/
> > >	everything else
> > >

>   git clone git://ifup.org/philips/create-v4l-utils.git
>   cd create-v4l-utils/
>   ./convert.sh
>
> You should now have v4l-utils.git which should have this directory
> struture. If we need to move other things around let me know and I can
> tweak name-filter.sh
>
> Thoughts? Let me know how we should proceed with dropping v4l2-apps
> from v4l-dvb.
>
> Re: code style cleanup. I think we should do that once we drop
> v4l2-apps/ from v4l-dvb and make the new v4l-utils.git upstream.

Question: shouldn't we merge dvb-apps and v4l-utils? The alevtv tool was
merged into dvb-apps, but while that tool supports dvb, it also supports
v4l2. Just like we merged dvb and v4l in a single repository, so I think we
should also merge the tools to a media-utils repository.

It remains a fact of life that dvb and v4l are connected and trying to
artificially keep them apart does not make much sense to me.

Regards,

	Hans