Re: "However, if you don't want to lose your freedom, you had better not follow him." (Re: Videotext application crashes the kernel due to DVB-demux patch)

Hi Chicken,

> However I am still alone with the other problem I always stressed:
>
> When using alevt-dvb (I attached my overworked version 1.7.0 in earlier
> mails - please do have a look at it!) the application hangs when you
> decide to switch to a channel that is part of a new transponder.
> The program hangs then. That means the way alevt-dvb is dealing with the
> PMT (program map table) is highly incomplete.
> It needs a reset function to read the new PMT when the transponder is
> being changed...

If you tell me which application is managing channel zaping function
then we can try to find way how to signal that to alevt-dvb.

> I do not know how to program that simple reset function. But I know that
> thsi is the definite key to resolve the issue.
> PMT reading, PMT opening, PMT parsing.......
> Everything is already inside of the source code of alevt-dvb.

In case, if more then one DVB application is running, one is something
like "master" (which do frontend operation, ie. channel change)
and rest are slaves. So master has to signal channel/transponder change
to the all slaves. Typically, it is done by some custom specific way.
For example master can open some well-known unix socket
where all slaves are connecting and where, in case of channel change,
is sent (by master) some info about such event.

Cheers

/Honza