Re: [PULL] http://udev.netup.ru/hg/v4l-dvb-aospan-22fix

Hello,

> > redefine to "set_tone = lnbp21_set_tone" is not correct for "NetUP Dual
> > DVB-S2-CI card".
>
> Why is it not correct? Please explain.
>
> Afaics it does not matter, whether the demod or the LNBH24 controls the
> 22kHz tone. With your patch, lnbp21_set_tone would never be used...

LNBH24 can _continuously_ produce 22kHz tone. This way acceptable if you
only want to switch LNB's oscillator to high band.
If you want to send diseqc command you need to "modulate" this 22kHz
tone. LNBH24 can't do this but STV0900 demod can.

I have created some demonstration from oscilloscope on NetUP Dual
DVB-S2-CI card in attachment ( sorry, russian interface :).
Blue is a EXTM pin, yellow is a coaxial connector.  As you can see
STV0900 sends 11 period's and LNBH24 reproduce it to coaxial output.
This is so colled "diseqc modulated mode".
Scheme of modulated signals you can find in diseqc bus specification -
http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/pdf/Diseqc/Reference%
20docs/bus_spec.pdf on "Figure 1: DiSEqC Modulation Scheme".

I think lnbp21_set_tone will be used if set_tone is not defined
previously (set_tone == NULL). Is this correct ?

--
Abylai Ospan <aospan@xxxxxxxx>
NetUP Inc.