Re: Poor reception with Hauppauge HVR-1600 on a ClearQAM cable feed

Andy Walls wrote:
> Right, the windows driver code for the mxl5005s is better.  Inform him
> that the linux driver for the mxl5005s could be better.  If he has any
> contacts at MaxLinear to get the datasheet and programming manual
> released to me, I can make the linux driver better.

We don't have contacts that we know of, but we're happy to chase after a
datasheet for you if Devin's copy isn't enough - just let me know.

> The MXL5005s is the silicon tuner chip on the Digital TV side of the
> HVR-1600.  A simple picture for you:
>
>  Cable ---| MXL5005s |----| CX24227 |----| CX23418 |--- PCI bus
>
> ---- Analog Waveform-----------|--------Digital Data--------------

That's nice and clear, and explains things to me perfectly. Thank you.

> Here's my HVR-1600 related entries from dmesg on startup.  I have the
> MXL5005S showing up at 9.510:
>
> [    9.510767] MXL5005S: Attached at address 0x63
So basically, I was being blind and/or stupid - with this to hand, I've
found the equivalent message in my dmesg.
--
Simon Farnsworth