Re: Request driver for cards

On 14/10/2009, Theunis Potgieter <theunis.potgieter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, what is the procedure to request drivers for specific new, perhaps
>  unknown supported cards?
>
>  I did have a look at http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>  but it didn't contain any information about supported cards. Neither
>  did 2.6.30 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/dvb/cards.txt for the
>  following brands:
>
>  name, site:
>  Compro, S300 http://www.comprousa.com/en/product/s300/s300.html
>  K-World VS-DVB-S 100/IS,
>  http://global.kworld-global.com/main/prod_in.aspx?mnuid=1248&modid=6&pcid=46&ifid=16&prodid=98
>
>  Perhaps I shouldn't waste time if I could find a dual/twin tuner card
>  for dvb-s or dvb-s2. Are there any recommended twin-tuner pci-e cards
>  that is support and can actually be bought by the average consumer?
>
>  Thanks

I guess this answers the Kworld on 2.6.30:

/usr/src/linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/cx24123.c: *   Support for
KWorld DVB-S 100 by Vadim Catana <skystar@xxxxxxxxxx>

But how would I get compro S300 support?

Is there anybody that knows of a work inprogress or completed twin
tuner type card in either pci or pci-e format?

Thanks in advance.