Re: Questions about Terratec Hybrid XS (em2882) [0ccd:005e]

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 5:12 AM, Uros Vampl <mobile.leecher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 21.09.09 18:29, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Uros Vampl <mobile.leecher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I tried arecord/aplay and sox with tvtime, and also mplayer (which
>> > has
>> > built-in audio support). I know about these tricks, I've used them
>> > successfully with Markus' em28xx-new driver. But with v4l-dvb it's as I
>> > said, audio is there but it's extremely quiet. If you have suggestions
>> > how I should try to diagnoze this, I'm all ears.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Uroš
>>
>> If the audio is present but very quiet, then it's probably some issue
>> you are having with your mixer.  I would check your ALSA and
>> PulseAudio configuration (in particular the mixer volume controls).
>>
>> Devin
>
> No PulseAudio here. And I've played plenty with the ALSA mixer, all the
> sliders that are there.
>
> Using em28xx-new instead of v4l-dvb, all else being equal, tv volume is
> fine. So there's gotta be a difference somewhere in the way em28xx-new
> sets up audio compared to how v4l-dvb does it.

Interesting.  Have you tried the A/V inputs (as opposed to the tuner)?
 That might help us identify whether it's an issue with the xc3028
tuner chip extracting the audio carrier or whether it's something
about the way we are programming the emp202.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com