Re: Questions about Terratec Hybrid XS (em2882) [0ccd:005e]

On 21.09.09 16:49, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Uros Vampl <mobile.leecher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Partial success. With the attached patch, DVB works. But I have no idea
> > how to get analog audio working correctly. Any help would be
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Uroš
>
> Hello Uroš,
>
> Sorry I somehow missed your previous email.  I have a patch already
> which should make the device work correctly, and am issuing a PULL
> request for it this week.
>
> Regarding the analog audio, I'm not sure how you are testing, but if
> you are using tvtime, it is known that tvtime does not support analog
> audio for raw devices such as this.  You need to run arecord/aplay in
> a separate window.
>
> Devin

Hi,

I tried arecord/aplay and sox with tvtime, and also mplayer (which
has
built-in audio support). I know about these tricks, I've used them
successfully with Markus' em28xx-new driver. But with v4l-dvb it's as I
said, audio is there but it's extremely quiet. If you have suggestions
how I should try to diagnoze this, I'm all ears.

Regards,
Uroš