Re: DVB-API v5 questions and no dvb developer answering ?

On Monday 16 February 2009 22:39:44 wk wrote:
> Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> > As always we continue to welcome patches, including for the
> > documentation.  Instead of bitching and moaning, how about you roll up
> > your sleeves and actually help out?
> >
> > Let's try to remember that pretty much all the developers here are
> > volunteers, so berating them for not doing things fast enough for your
> > personal taste is not really very productive.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Devin
>
> Devin,
>
> can you please explain, how others should contribute to an dvb api if
> - the only DVB API file to be found is a pdf file, and therefore not
> editable. Which files exactly to be edited you are writing of?

10 minutes searching revealed that the sources are still available in the
old CVS repository:

http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/DVB/doc/dvbapi/

So we need a volunteer to take this, merge it into the current v4l-dvb
master repository (just as I did recently with the v4l2 API spec) and then
start updating the docs bit by bit.

Regards,

	Hans