Re: DVB-API v5 questions and no dvb developer answering ?

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:01:47 +0100
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday 16 February 2009 22:39:44 wk wrote:
> > Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> > > As always we continue to welcome patches, including for the
> > > documentation.  Instead of bitching and moaning, how about you roll up
> > > your sleeves and actually help out?
> > >
> > > Let's try to remember that pretty much all the developers here are
> > > volunteers, so berating them for not doing things fast enough for your
> > > personal taste is not really very productive.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Devin
> >
> > Devin,
> >
> > can you please explain, how others should contribute to an dvb api if
> > - the only DVB API file to be found is a pdf file, and therefore not
> > editable. Which files exactly to be edited you are writing of?
>
> 10 minutes searching revealed that the sources are still available in the
> old CVS repository:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/DVB/doc/dvbapi/
>
> So we need a volunteer to take this, merge it into the current v4l-dvb
> master repository (just as I did recently with the v4l2 API spec)

Done. The DVB API specs are under /dvb-spec dir. I've imported the DVB original
changesets by using hg convert extension with cvsps.

It compiles fine but it requires tetex-latex and Xfig packages. I didn't check
if the produced pdf is equal to the one at the linuxtv website.

I didn't bother to recover the original author names when importing from CVS,
so, it will show the author aliases used on CVS.

> and then start updating the docs bit by bit.

Volunteers?

Cheers,
Mauro