Re: Bad sound on HVR1300 & cx88-alsa not loading anymore for HVR1300

I have sound yes! I also tried cx88_blackbird, but have no sound untill cx88_alsa is loaded ... Maby I set something wrong in MythTV ?

I have PAL also. And it seems u don't load the cx88_alsa module, try it out, and get sound normally :)

wk schreef:

Hello,

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10, and 2.6.27-11-generic kernel. I also tried compiling the newest modules from linuxtv.

The first problem:
The sound from my HVR1300 is really bad, it like a robotic sound, with high tones in it!

2nd problem:
cx88-alsa module is not loading automaticly when booting my system. While my HVR1300 needs it !

Regards,
Jean-Louis Dupond

So that means you do have at least any sound, different as it is for me?
I guess you're not using the cx88_blackbird module, since you use the alsa device for sound?

Are you using PAL video norm on TV input and does your initialisation differ from mine, see some posts before yours?

-Winfried