Re: [linux-dvb] Upcoming DVB-T channel changes for HH (Hamburg)

Hi,

hermann pitton schrieb:
The reverse effect will be, we have it already with federal state scan
files now, that we likely will see more questions about why the hell I
don't get this one and tuning failed ...

Regarding the de-Sachsen-Anhalt file, apart from 3 or 4 frequency entries the rest is useless being within the state, because regarding transmitters the areas are mostly not coordinated.

Brocken and Magdeburg are the only sites with Sachsen-Anhalt that are corrdinated.

In fact, it is more common, that transmitters here are coordinated with sites from others states, e.g. "ARD-Das Erste" multiplex in Halle/Saale (Sachsen-Anhalt/Saxony-Anhalt) are coordinated with Leipzig (Sachsen/Saxony) and Gera (Thüringen/Thuringia), because this area is also topographically adjunct. "ZDF" multiplex is coordinated between Hale/Saale and Leipzig ...

To share a center frequency over several federal states under such
conditions seems to be plain wrong and I wonder if there was a rule.

This does not matter, as the transmitters in Brauschweig (Niedersachsen/Lower Saxony) and Halle/Saale (Sachsen-Anhalt) don't interfere with each other (the sites are more than 140 km apart) and there is a buffer zone of about 40 - 50 km between them, where you need a directed roof antenna to either receive one of them.

As I've experienced so far while travelling, that there are only very small parts in my federal state (Bundesland) of Sachsen-Anhalt where one can receive more than one transmitter site (and in most of this cases, a roof antenna is required, so you would normally have to direct this to a specific transmitter).

Well, I believe both scenarios(scan file for federal state versus scan file for a DVB-T region) have their pros and cons. :(

Fortunately programs like "Kaffeine" offer a full auto scan ...

Regards, Tobias