Re: [linux-dvb] Upcoming DVB-T channel changes for HH (Hamburg)

Mojn, as people say in the north and to the north of northern
germany  ;-)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Tobias Stöber wrote:

> Well, just have to send this message again, this time to the right &
> correct mailing list linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Who by the way had the
> insane idea, to set a reply-to address to another mailing list

It also means that the original sender may not ever see a
reply, unless one overrides this and uses the From: header,
which I'm now doing in most replies, because except for a handful
of developers, I really have no idea if the original poster
of a message to -dvb is even subscribed to any other list.
Most of the time, I'll guess they aren't.  Meaning the
reply stays on -dvb assuming I reply to all.

As a result, pretty much everybody is crossposting between
-dvb and -media rather than the so-called ``wanted'' effect
of abandoning -dvb and keeping all posts in one location,
that is, -media.

Naturally, posts that are delivered directly to me do not
contain this header, so my replies don't make it to that
other list.  Frankly, I ain't bothered anymore.

> As for certain area in Saxony-Anhalt, Saxony and Thuringia there ahve

Argh!  Don't do this ;-)  You're making me run for my
englisch-to-german dictionary which contains none of
these.  But anyway...

> in my area (Brunswick), where there had been an ARD Mux on Ch 8. Now  it

Okay, this isn't in my dictionary either, and while I
could guess the others, I have no clue.  Sounds Canadian
to me, which says more about my background, than of
non-native place names which I avoid (Milano it is; I
grew up not far from Milan and I am not good-looking
and sexy and sophisticated like the italians)

But that is neither here nor there...

> Information for the whole NDR area will normally be found at
> http://www.dvb-t-nord.de.

So far, only old info from last year is what I've found there.
Likewise, the site for Bayern did not give me any info about
plans to migrate the number of VHF frequencies into the UHF
band, while it did have a few interesting bits of information
not provided by the technically excellent, up-to-date, and
informative BayernText teletext pages.

> There is a complete listing including parameters from "in area" and also
> "out of area" (but with reception in the area) transmitters at
> http://www.ueberallfernsehen.de/data/senderliste_25_11_2008.pdf

Interesting, thanks.  This gives me the overview by region
that I lack apart from Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, and the
like, as to the modulation in use -- mdr and to some extent
WDR do not follow the same pattern as seen in B-W....

I believe there is a mistake, though, in the data for HH.
The guard interval of 1/8 for all frequencies, both VHF and
UHF, from one Turm (font too small) does not match the 1/4
used as a general rule throughout germany, and used by all
the (UHF) frequencies in the Single-Frequency-Network
formed by the other Standort.

(The modulation parameters provided in the initial scan
file for Lübeck seem to be wrong too -- the one which
caught my eye when quickly viewing all de-scanfiles)

Even though my original plans to create a comprehensive
list of frequencies, transmitter sites, and technical
details for each Bundesland have been put on ice, as I
don't expect to be doing any travel to these areas in
the near future, it will be interesting for me to come
up with an overview of available quality in each region,
as well as to puzzle over what WDR is doing.

I wonder if, in addition to moving from the remaining
VHF frequencies, there will be plans in the future to
convert to a unified horizontal or vertical polarisation
nationally or by region.  Though this does not affect
tuning data, it is apparently an issue around Nürnberg...

barry bouwsma