Re: [linux-dvb] Upcoming DVB-T channel changes for HH (Hamburg)

Moin, moin (as people say in Northern Germany) :)

BOUWSMA Barry schrieb:
I've just learned that effective 24.Feb, there will be a change
made to the channel assignment in the area of Hamburg.

This is due to the fact that one existing multiplex is found
within the VHF band, which is in the process of being cleared
of DVB-T services, moving them to assigned UHF channels, in
order to free the VHF band for radio services (DAB/DAB+ and
family).

Several other areas, such as Bayern, currently make use of
VHF frequencies at several transmitter sites.  I am not yet
aware of what plans exist to change these frequencies...

As for certain area in Saxony-Anhalt, Saxony and Thuringia there ahve never been VHF channels in use. Tis applies normally only to area from the first stage of the German DVB-T project.

Lower Saxony has recently (November 2008) cleared several channels, like in my area (Brunswick), where there had been an ARD Mux on Ch 8. Now it is on Ch 47.

The following diff will add the newly assigned frequency,
and remove the old one, with an effective date of 24.Feb.

The particular modulation parameters are not confirmed, so
I've had to guess based on existing values used elsewhere
in the NDR coverage area as well as what generally is used
throughout germany.

Information for the whole NDR area will normally be found at http://www.dvb-t-nord.de.

There is a complete listing including parameters from "in area" and also "out of area" (but with reception in the area) transmitters at

http://www.ueberallfernsehen.de/data/senderliste_25_11_2008.pdf

So have a look ;)

Best regards, Tobias