Re: atafb and X/fbdev

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 03:47:40PM +1200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

Seaching for "xfree86 fbdev server m68k" does refresh my memory a bit -
the server package was called xserver-fbdev and you will find a
sample config
file at http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/slink/XF86Config -
Christian is
away overseas ATM or else he might be able to give a few hints here.

Not overseas, just Moscow, but I'll be back tomorrow. But I could not give
you any more hints, since it has been years that I used X on an m68k box. It
has not worked on my Amiga since my CV64/3D died, and the Picasso cards I
never got to work properly in X. On the Falcon and Mac I do not remember if
X worked, I used them mostly via the network.

Christian