Re: atafb and X/fbdev

Thorsten,
X/xfbdef gets SIGFPE. X/fbdev doesn’t like *any* atafb mode: it likes
neither interleaved planes nor 1bpp modes, and I don’t think there are
Have you tried the VGA modes (vga256 for instance)? That might boil down to interleaved planes in the end though.
any others. How can we get an X server on ARAnyM running (I’ve got both
current x.org from sid and XFree86 from woody installed)?
You will have to go back to one of the earlier Debian releases (slink or potato) for Atari support in the X server. potato should still have the required code.
Sitting at BAAMM! so quick response appreciated ;)
Geert is your best shot at getting framebuffer device questions answered.

Cheers,

   Michael
http://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2012/05/msg00027.html

bye,