RE: ide0 fails to get IRQ 2.6.8-18 inside aranym

If I tested them, I also sent in patches :-) I haven't tested
any 2.6.18 kernels in a while, though. In particular, I cannot remember
ever seeing these IRQ 5 -> 0 stuff.

Don't worry about those IRQ lines, I have added those to see what is the
problem there and to be able to report some more detail other than
'it fails' ... This patch
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-m68k&m=116585861312099&w=2
resolved the problem for me.

That said it is likely that the debian 2.6.18-8 would not work correctly
with Falcon IDE, but I also had a wrong .config so this might have been
a combination of things?

Rather likely. My 2.6.18 build works with IDE (in fact, I have only ever
dared booting it with IDE; SCSI will need a spare disk to try now that the
error recovery code seems clean).

	Michael
-