Re: ide0 fails to get IRQ 2.6.8-18 inside aranym

Hi,
On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 09:56:45AM -0500, Standa Opichal wrote:
Hi!

Or do you mean that the 2.6 kernel needs something else
then was present
in Etch by August 2006 as Petr was creating that image?

Not likely. But you could try to check if CONFIG_IDE_GENERIC
is enabled in
your .config ..

Yes, it is. If I disable it I get:

ide: Assuming 50MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
ide0: Falcon IDE interface
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
VFS: Cannot open root device "hda1" or unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

I haven't tried the atari kernels on my falcon yet, so I am not sure if they
should work, but Michael has probably tested them?

The debian packages are built with a gcc-3.3.6 cross-compiler, which can be
built from debian sources, instructions are in the source package. The
latest source package has a problem, I will submit the workaround I received
from another user to the BTS. Perhaps there is a problem with gcc-3.4?

Today a new linux-2.6 source package (-19) was released, which includes
several fixes for atari and mac, maybe that will help you?
My latest test build, which shold be identical to the just released version,
is available at:

http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/linux-image/

If aranym needs a special config, you could mail that to me, or the changes
you had to apply to the atari config, and I will include that in the next
version, so you could install the official debian images. That might help
other aranym users as well, especially if we get an aranym based buildd.

Christian
-