Re: ide0 fails to get IRQ 2.6.8-18 inside aranym

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 02:16:07PM -0500, Standa Opichal wrote:
Hi Christian!

Your test 2.6.18-9 is booting in my aranym here. So there must be
something about my .config that is wrong. I suspect the 'cd linux;
cp debian/arch/m68k/config.atari all.config; make allnoconfig'
to not to be the right way. The need to modify the config.atari
was also suspicious to me.

I will try to use the config in the binary package you have on your
site and will report results later.

I guess my question now is 'Where is the debian binary kernel image
package .config taken from or how is it generated?'.

The config.atari only contains the part of the config that is specific for
atari. In addition to that there is an m68k specific config (in
arch/m68k/config) and a debian generic config (in arch/config). Those files
are merged through some magic to the config file that is then used for
building and which finally gets included in the binary package. If you build
images from the debian source package, all of that happens automagically.

Christian
-