Re: 2.6.18 m68k mac

Some stray interrupt coming in while SCSI is probing, and messing up
things in the interrupt handler? Does it hang with interrupts disabled?

Could be. It is a very racey bug, in that it is intermittent and is worse
on some models than others. And with 2.6.18-4 it is harder to trigger than
2.6.19 on the LC630 (but it still happens sometimes). I swapped hard disk,
cable and terminator but no change.

I'll see that bug for myself when playing with your ADB patch, then :-)

By disabling CONFIG_MAC_SCSI, I can NFS boot to a prompt. Now I can test
my patches on the non-quadra macs. I'd really like to finish with ADB and
move on to the real time clock, so I'm not about to tackle the SCSI bugs.

If it happens for me, I'll prod it some.

I found the IDE problem, I did not have CONFIG_IDE_GENERIC enabled :-/
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MAC_IDE probably needs to depend on CONFIG_IDE_GENERIC.

Bit me on the Falcon as well. Should have thought about that, sorry.

However, there is still a very old bug there, where heavy IDE and SONIC
traffic together cause all the NuBus interrupts (which are only SONIC &
IDE on this machine) to cease altogether. I'll probably do some more work
on this, but I'm not optimistic; others have tried and failed --

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=netbsd-port-mac68k&m=96498911504667&w=2

Maybe the max. loop count in the Nubus inthandler gets exceeded, and the
nubus int gets disabled? We used to do that :-(

And it would appear that IDE used to be polled from the VIA1 IRQ handler
(I guess the F108 chip is another of Apple's mysteries...)

I think we found out the interrupt source for IDE? That polling would then
be leftover crud and should be killed.

	Michael
-