Re: 2.6.18 m68k mac

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 12:25:44PM +0100, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/linux-image/

This kernel has been running on my Q840AV now for about a day, no problems
yet, though I see this in dmesg a lot:

[...]
macmace: tx ring ran out? (fs=80)
macmace: tx ring ran out? (fs=80)
macmace: tx ring ran out? (fs=80)
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
macmace: transmit timeout - resetting
macmace: tx ring ran out? (fs=80)
macmace: tx ring ran out? (fs=80)
[...]

Interesting. I rarely saw those messages in my tests, so I guess I should
try different workloads. That message is triggered with only 1 or 2
packets in the TX DMA ring buffer, but I don't know if it is meaningful
(it comes from mace.c, which uses a different DMA scheme. The av quadra
DMA engine is completely undocumented other than the NetBSD source...)

At the moment I'm working on ADB for the Q650. If it's not critical, I'll
look into macmace again when I've finished with Mac II ADB and probably
the RTC after that. Can you send me the stats in /proc/net/dev?

Thanks,

-f

Christian

-