Re: 2.6.18 m68k mac

macmace: tx ring ran out? (fs=80)
[...]

Interesting. I rarely saw those messages in my tests, so I guess I should
try different workloads. That message is triggered with only 1 or 2
packets in the TX DMA ring buffer, but I don't know if it is meaningful
(it comes from mace.c, which uses a different DMA scheme. The av quadra
DMA engine is completely undocumented other than the NetBSD source...)

Maybe the message can be disabled, if just a few packets in the transmit
ring is normal for macmace :-)

At the moment I'm working on ADB for the Q650. If it's not critical, I'll
look into macmace again when I've finished with Mac II ADB and probably
the RTC after that. Can you send me the stats in /proc/net/dev?

Yay! Thanks for starting to hack on ADB :-) It slipped rather low on my
TODO list; I decided to wrestle with Atari SCSI first, even before the
EtherNAT driver. Well, the good news is SCSI seems to work on my Falcon
now (the final cause of data corruption was the notorious DMA clock
instability on the Falcon when the bus load by the VIDEL gets too high). I
still need to re-test the alternate command completion on reset, and the
'fairness-wait' stuff, but it basically works again. Leaves EtherNAT ...

So if you have something to test on the ADB front, I'd be happy to try :-)

	Michael
-