Re: KTODO automated TODO lists

On Wed, 25 Oct 2023, James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2023-10-25 at 08:29 +1100, NeilBrown wrote:
>> Here we all are, brilliantly talented computer programmers who spend
>> our days making amazing fast digital devices do amazingly clever and
>> subtle things, inventing time-saving tools and processing vast
>> amounts of data without blinking, but for some reason we think the
>> task of skipping over a few thousand lines that all start with '> "
>> is too hard for us and that we should, in stead, complain to some
>> other human to convince them to make our life easier for us.
>>
>> Does anyone else see the irony?
>
> So if I'm a brilliantly talented driver, it's OK for other people to
> drive on the wrong side of the road because I should be able to avoid
> them?

Nah, we're all brilliant car manufacturers that could have our cars deal
with the situation. ;)

The notmuch emacs interface has collapsed citations since at least
2010. I think Neil's point is, if we're all using open source MUAs, why
don't we scratch that particular itch and move on, instead of getting
frustrated by it year after year?

BR,
Jani.

--