Re: KTODO automated TODO lists

On Wed, 25 Oct 2023, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> On 23/10/2023 20:49, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:11:36 +0300 Dan Carpenter <dan.carpenter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Yesterday someone on my lists just sent an email looking for kernel
> >> tasks.
> >
> > Well here's a task: write a bot which follows the mailing lists and
> > sends people nastygrams if one of their emails is more than 95%(?)
> > quoted text.
> >
> > It's happening significantly more lately.  Possibly because the gmail
> > client helpfully hides quoted text.
>
> I would also point to reviewers and maintainers who give a Rb/Ack tag:
> 1. somewhere at the top, without any footer like Best regards, and then
> quote entire patch, so I don't know shall I look for more comments after
> Rb/Ack?
>
> 2. quote entire email and then add Rb/Ack, so I need to figure out
> whether there was something between the hundreds of lines of text or not.

Here we all are, brilliantly talented computer programmers who spend
our days making amazing fast digital devices do amazingly clever and
subtle things, inventing time-saving tools and processing vast amounts
of data without blinking, but for some reason we think the task of
skipping over a few thousand lines that all start with '> " is too hard
for us and that we should, in stead, complain to some other human to
convince them to make our life easier for us.

Does anyone else see the irony?

NeilBrown