Re: [GIT PULL] Kbuild updates for v6.3-rc1

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 9:08 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So here's the simple rule: if the packaging people can't be bothered
> to use "gti archive" to make their packages, then they had better just
> do a "make clean" first (or, better yet, do "git clean -dqfx" to
> really clean up, because "make clean" isn't 100% reliable either).
>
> We don't add more broken infrastructure to deal with broken workflows.
> Just do the right thing.

Note: I'm perfectly happy to just revert this, but if I have to do it,
then pretty much _all_ the packaging changes get reverted, because I'm
not going to be able to figure out which parts don't rely on the new
broken script.

So I'd rather take a more directed revert from you. Or, better yet,
just a rewrite to do the right thing (ie "git archive").

Because really - any distro packager had better have the git tree.

                   Linus