Re: ALPS: Cirque Smart Cat Pro AG Touchpad Support

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 22:40:12 -0700
"Vadim Klishko" <vadim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> At one point, Cirque tried to create a driver for Linux,
> but we ran into legal issues with the GPL.

Out of curiosity, do you remember offhand what the legal
issues you ran into are?

If it's useful, we could (nicely) ask Red Hat's Legal team
for their insight and general thoughts/advice if they have
the time (no idea if they do).

They're very good, and have lots of experience working
through GPL legal issues, figuring out practical
approaches/solutions.

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift