Re: [RFC] Input: wm97xx-core - Remove save state from wm97xx_read_aux_adc()

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 02:46:59PM -0400, Eric Millbrandt wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 at 13:19:25 Mark Brown wrote:

[Reflowed your mail into 80 columns for legibility - you might want to
look at your MUA configuration]

> > You need to explain how this interacts with both polling and continuous
> > touchscreen modes - saying that it seems unneeded feels a little fuzzy.
> > Note that this will also clear the current digitiser configuration before
> > it starts the AUXADC so it's not a simple save of the values.

> You are right; the current digitizer settings do need to be cleared.
> I was testing in the polling touchscreen mode and overlooked that fact.
> But do we want to restore the POLL bit if it happened to be set?
> Continuous mode does not need it and it looks like wm9712_poll_*() will
> set the POLL bit again when it needs a touchscreen measurement.

I've got a feeling that at least some machine-specific semi accelerated
drivers make use of this but can't quite remember.  If it just causes an
extra sample sometimes I'm inclined to feel it's safer to leave things
as-is.