Re: must downgrade dracut on Fedora 26-28

On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 15:55:35 +0200 Harald Hoyer wrote:

> Yes, those kind of kernel command line parameters are most likely
> from the first installation. Automatically modifying your kernel
> command line parameters on updates would be a dangerous business :-)

so the rd.md.uuid was passed in on the kernel command line for a long
time but was never used by the initramfs?  until recently?  that seems
a little weird ...

my rescue entry in grub2-efi.cfg has the "wrong" uuid and its initramfs
was generated in November 2014 ... pretty old stuff ...

are new entries in the grub config just grabbing the existing command
line that the kernel was booted with?  do you know?  or is there
someone else I should be talking with about this?  Other Fedora kernel
folks, perhaps?

thanks for your help ... seems like we are getting close to a
solution ...

jake

--
Jake Edge - LWN - jake@xxxxxxx - https://lwn.net