dracut in fedora 28 and luks encrypted drive

I have my lvm partition luks encrypted. I'd like to be able to put a
USB stick in the laptop and let that unlock the drive without a
password, but if the USB stick isn't present, I want it to prompt for
the password.

In arch linux, I can make a hook into the initramfs where I can run
some bash code to make this work. In Ubuntu/Debian, there is a
keyscript line in /etc/crypttab that lets me do something similar.

In Fedora, it uses systemd. And systemd seems to have its own unlock
for the disk. Is there a way to hook into this using dracut in Fedora
28? For the moment, I simply removed all the systemd modules from
dracut and added the old crypt module. That works, but I don't know
what the systemd modules were doing or if it was a bad idea to do that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
John Ratliff
Research Storage / UITS / Pervasive Technology Institute