Re: must downgrade dracut on Fedora 26-28

On 05.07.2018 16:07, Jake Edge wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 15:55:35 +0200 Harald Hoyer wrote:
>
>> Yes, those kind of kernel command line parameters are most likely
>> from the first installation. Automatically modifying your kernel
>> command line parameters on updates would be a dangerous business :-)
>
> so the rd.md.uuid was passed in on the kernel command line for a long
> time but was never used by the initramfs?  until recently?  that seems
> a little weird ...
>
> my rescue entry in grub2-efi.cfg has the "wrong" uuid and its initramfs
> was generated in November 2014 ... pretty old stuff ...
>
> are new entries in the grub config just grabbing the existing command
> line that the kernel was booted with?  do you know?  or is there
> someone else I should be talking with about this?  Other Fedora kernel
> folks, perhaps?
>
> thanks for your help ... seems like we are getting close to a
> solution ...
>
> jake

Ok, your rd.md.uuid was in the ID_FS_UUID format, which differs from the MD_UUID format only by '-' and ':'.

Sorry, I was confused and forgot about the ID_FS_UUID format blkid uses for raid parts:
<https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut/blob/master/modules.d/90mdraid/parse-md.sh#L17-L18>

In my later patch, I only used the MD_UUID format with ':', because that is exposed in /dev/disk/by-id/
<https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut/blob/master/modules.d/90mdraid/parse-md.sh#L34>

To convert the ID_FS_UUID to MD_UUID, I now added a small conversion with patch:
<https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut/commit/f265cb67dc0b5d7b28952bcf4b9bee4e174c31b4>

So, yeah, I will fix dracut in F28/27/29

Sorry for the confusion/trouble I caused here. Totally my fault in the end.