must downgrade dracut on Fedora 26-28

Howdy initramfs,

I have had this problem for six months or so, but kept working around
it ... which I can still do, but eventually that won't fly ...

I can consistently boot any Fedora kernel for F26 through F28 as long
as the initramfs is built with dracut-044-183.fc26.x86_64 ... either of
the other two dracut versions since then simply hang and eventually
drop me into the dracut shell ...

I upgraded (dnf system-upgrade) to F27 and F28 yesterday, with success,
as long as I booted an older kernel/initramfs after, downgraded dracut,
created an initramfs for the most recent kernel, and then rebooted into
that ... I have the old "bad" initramfs versions around as well as an
rdsosreport.txt from three separate "bad" runs (without rd.debug, but
could do that if needed) ... I attach the most recent one ...

in trying to diagnose/fix the problems, I disabled the encrypted swap
and found that my raid-1 volumes had somehow gone off the rails, but I
have fixed that too ... nothing obvious jumps out to me from the report
or from trying to Google for others encountering this ...

maybe I should be filing a Fedora bug instead?

thanks!

jake

--
Jake Edge - LWN - jake@xxxxxxx - https://lwn.net