Re: mount other than rootfs problem

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:22:34AM +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> On 12.10.2011 11:03, Dave Young wrote:

> >> Having said that, looks like dracut builds all the state using command
> >> line options. All the lvms, iscsi root, fcoe targets etc. So they might
> >> expect everything to be passed on command line. In that case it will
> >> become hard from kdump perspective.
> >

> > There's file injection feature in dracut, if the kdump.conf params can
> > move to cmdline params we can just inject /etc/cmdline instead of pass
> > them to kexec
> >

> I will add /etc/cmdline.d/ as a drop in for configs. This can also be used
> easily for combined initramfs images.

Harald,

We need something so that we can specify top level block device/uuid/label
on either commandline or through /etc/cmdline.d/*.config and then dracut
automatically figures out all the dependencies and packs all the relevant
modules.

For example, one might say in kdump.conf that save the dump to a file
system with UUID=xyz. Now one needs to figure out underlying devices,
traverse through device stack, bring up associated networking and
traverse through networking stack.

I see in dracut seems to look for root device, and traverses through
block device stack and every modules packs its relevant files if
that type of device is found in stack.

So something like "extra_mount=dev/uuid/label" kind of command line
will help where one can specify extra mount targets which are mounted.

Thanks
Vivek