Re: mount other than rootfs problem

于 2011年09月29日 10:55, Dave Young 写道:
Hi,

In current dracut modules there's still fstab-sys for mount something
other than root, So how about add a similar module ie. fstab-kdump which
contains the kdump target device/fstype, add mount-kdump.sh to mount all
the stuff. For rootfs we can use dracut mount point.

I doubt fstab-sys module could mount all kinds of block devices, e.g.
LVM or RAID, because I see no code to detect/handle LVM/RAID in fstab-sys
or fs-lib module.

As discussion in mail archive I see nfs is a main problem for this
issue. I did not understand why nfs is special, could someone explain a bit?

Yeah, one reason that I can remember is that it depends on network module
which handles root device per nic.

But, we certainly want to find a way to handle non-root devices no matter
which kind it is, and a generic interface to express that we want to mount
some specific devices and let dracut to handle the module dependencies.

Thanks.