Re: mount other than rootfs problem

On 09/29/2011 11:18 PM, Cong Wang wrote:

> 于 2011年09月29日 10:55, Dave Young 写道:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In current dracut modules there's still fstab-sys for mount something
>> other than root, So how about add a similar module ie. fstab-kdump which
>> contains the kdump target device/fstype, add mount-kdump.sh to mount all
>> the stuff. For rootfs we can use dracut mount point.
>
> I doubt fstab-sys module could mount all kinds of block devices, e.g.
> LVM or RAID, because I see no code to detect/handle LVM/RAID in fstab-sys
> or fs-lib module.

I just tried a simple lvm mount, it was skipped due to there's no dev
nodes. making the fstab-sys module depends on lvm also does not work,
but mannually call lvm_scan in rdshell, then mannually mounting the lvm
volume can success

So If we properly deal with the dependency issue it should be possible
to resolve. There's dracut module dependency currently, but question is
that is there dependency of hooks? such as make the mount-sys hook
depends on the lvm setup code, is it possible with current interface?

--
Thanks
Dave