Re: mount other than rootfs problem

于 2011年09月30日 11:40, Dave Young 写道:
On 09/30/2011 11:27 AM, Cong Wang wrote:

于 2011年09月30日 10:17, Dave Young 写道:
On 09/29/2011 11:18 PM, Cong Wang wrote:

于 2011年09月29日 10:55, Dave Young 写道:
Hi,

In current dracut modules there's still fstab-sys for mount something
other than root, So how about add a similar module ie. fstab-kdump
which
contains the kdump target device/fstype, add mount-kdump.sh to mount
all
the stuff. For rootfs we can use dracut mount point.

I doubt fstab-sys module could mount all kinds of block devices, e.g.
LVM or RAID, because I see no code to detect/handle LVM/RAID in
fstab-sys
or fs-lib module.

I just tried a simple lvm mount, it was skipped due to there's no dev
nodes. making the fstab-sys module depends on lvm also does not work,
but mannually call lvm_scan in rdshell, then mannually mounting the lvm
volume can success

Yeah, this is not strange, I bet you can also pass "rd_LVM_LV=" to
mount the target device.

Add lvm_scan in mount-sys.sh also works, so if we can make lvm_scan
being called automaticlly via dependencies it will be good. OTOH fstab
is better than cmdlines as an interface for multi-target dumping

Yes, but the problem is that lvm is supposed to handle this, what
we need to do is invent some interface to tell lvm module to mount
some specified device parsed in kdump module.

So If we properly deal with the dependency issue it should be possible
to resolve. There's dracut module dependency currently, but question is
that is there dependency of hooks? such as make the mount-sys hook
depends on the lvm setup code, is it possible with current interface?

I don't think so, you called 'lvm_scan' and did mount manually, lvm
module itself will not mount it unless you add "rd_LVM_LV=". So, this
a not only a problem of module dependency, but also a problem
of lvm module code.

Yes, agree

For kdump, even using "rd_LVM_LV=" is not a good
choice, because we still need to convert the device name (or UUID) into
the correct kernel cmdline.

not understand yet, could you help to explain or give an example?

Sure, for example, on my machine I need to convert /dev/mapper/vg_cr0-lv_home
to rd_LVM_LV=vg_cr0/lv_home.