Re: Live module for root=nfs using Aufs

On 11/08/2010 08:03 PM, Jon Ander Hernandez wrote:
2010/11/8 Seewer Philippe<philippe.seewer@xxxxxx>:

I just had a quick look over the patch and in itself it looks ok. Although
I'm not sure if having the aufs at this stage is necessary. What if you just
mount it later inside the rootfs? (Background: I'm using aufs overlays for
our read only nfs-roots, and I just put the necessary aufs mounts inside
fstab)

I have to say that I haven't thought about it before.... It is really
a good idea, and is probably better than have a specific module. :-)

But something that worries me, is if the init process will cause
problems, since we will be mounting a new root over the old one once
we have processes which have previously opened files on the old /.

Regards,

Jon Ander.

So, do you still need this dracut module? Or is it good enough, to do this in the real root?