Re: module 90kernel-modules-loaded

Bill, a question: How far do you think the genericness of dracut should go?

For example if we really build the initrd of doom that builds once and boots anywhere we'd have to include booting from net, usb, etc. as well. But say, doing dhcp isn't always necessary and should really only be done if root is on a net device. That would mean adding tons of drivers and another layer of complex code to decide at runtime what parts of the initrd to run. For net-boots I couldn't care less about boot time and the size of the initrd. But for other cases? What do you think?

Thanks,
Philippe