Re: GSoC Proposal 2022

On 04/12, Nuno Sá wrote:
> On Tue, 2022-04-12 at 11:48 +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 10:43 AM Maíra Canal <maira.canal@xxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > On 04/11, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
>
> The MAX31875 looks to be a fairly simple one (maybe a good candidate
> for a first driver) but, IMO, having it in IIO boils down to have
> support for continuos mode which would mean triggered buffer support.

I took another look at the Maxim Integrated catalog and end up finding
the MAX31889 Temperature Sensor.

I guess this sensor has an interesting challenge level with the need to
implement FIFO and interrupts support.

Have you guys some thoughts on this one?

> The ADPD188BI looks to be more complicated which might be too much for
> GSOC? Not sure here... That said, it looks like you can have some fun
> with it.

P.S.: Although the ADPD188BI looks like a lot of fun, I was afraid to don't be
able to deliver a full driver at the end of 12-weeks. So, I'm trying to find
a safer choice.

Maíra Canal