GSoC Proposal 2022

Hi everyone, I am Maíra Canal an undergrad student at the University
of São Paulo, Brazil, pursuing
computer engineering. I wish to participate in the GSoC 2021 as a part
of the Linux Foundation, IIO Project.

I have been contributing to the Linux kernel for a couple of months
and have more than 20
accepted patches in a couple of subsystems.

I started looking through the catalog of Analog Devices Inc. and I'm
pretty interested in writing a driver for gyroscopes, inertial
measurement units (IMUs), magnetometers, pressure sensors, proximity
sensors, or temperature sensors. But, while looking through the
catalog, I could not figure out a sensor that would be relevant to
Linux Kernel. I mean, I would like to work on a sensor that would be
relevant to the community and to Analog Devices Inc.

In that sense, I would like to know if anyone in the IIO community
could recommend a sensor that would make sense for the company and the
IIO community. Any suggestion is appreciated!

Sincerely,
Maíra Canal