Re: Question about BMI160 drivers (Xilinx)

On Mon, 5 Jul 2021 17:13:44 +0200
Lotfi FEJRI <fejri.lotfi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le lun. 5 juil. 2021 à 17:11, Lotfi FEJRI <fejri.lotfi@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to run your BMI160 (available on the Xilinx github) on the
> > Xilinx ZedBoard, through I2C.
> > I'm able to build the drivers with Petalinux (v2019.1) and to run
> > (modprobe ***.ko) them without issues on the ZedBoard:
> >
> > - bmi160_core.ko
> > - bmi160_i2c.ko
> > - bmi160_spi.ko
> >

> > here is the device-tree I added for the sensor:
> >

> > When I run "i2cdetect -y -r 0" I can see that the device and the i2c
> > interface is recognized. I can see "UU" inside 0x68 (which seems to be
> > the I2C address), nothing more than this.
> >
> > My question is: How is it possible to read and save the data in a txt
> > file? I don't see which function I have to call to read the data.
> > The only one related to getting the data is "bmi160_get_data" from
> > bmi160_core.c but I don't know how to call this function...
> >
> > Please, can you help me on this?
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Lotfi

Images are going to reach the list, so stick to text.

Do you have any indication the driver successfully bound to the device?
Look to see what you have in
/sys/bus/iio/devices/

If the driver is connected you can just cat from the relevant files
under the deviceX directory.

Interrupt driven approaches also possible.  Take a look at the tools
under tools/iio/ in the kernel source tree.  The generic buffer code
should dump a pretty formatted version of what is being read form the
device and you can pipe that to a file.

Jonathan