GSoC IIO project: Mugil

Hi,
This is Mugilraj, an undergrad at NIT Trichy, India. I'm applying to
GSoC'21 for the project IIO driver. So, I need help from you guys with
the application process and finding the device to develop a driver.
I've done few exercises on patch submissions and completed a Linux
Foundations course, "A beginners guide to Linux kernel development
(LFD103)". I found this "https://kernelnewbies.org/IIO_tasks"; task for
beginners, and now I'm doing that also If anyone suggests some fixes
to develop, that would be helpful for me.

Is there any IRC channel for IIO?

Thanks,
Mugil