Re: IIO for PCIe-DMA ADC

On 07/28/2014 01:09 PM, Krzysztof Sywula wrote:
Lars, I have few more questions, would love if you could answer.
- ADC I have uses max 4KHz sampling frequency, SoC CPU is 533MHz; will IIO
cope?

That's more of a hardware issue and less of a IIO framework issue. But I think 4kHz is something that's even without DMA possible to archive without problems.

- are there any other ADCs in IIO framework that use your DMA-extension?

Not at this point.

- I would like to use dw_dmac DMA driver, I hope both, IIO and your
DMA-extension will honour that

If the dw_dmac driver is compliant with the DMAengine API it will work out of the box.

- what is the status of upstreaming DMA-extension? Are you commited to any
dates?

soon ;) The plan is to at least send the kernel parts after the next merge window has closed.

- is there any out of the box set of tests for IIO/DMA-extension?

The userspace API is backwards compatible so you can use the same tools that can be used to test other IIO applications.

- Lars

Thanks,
Krzysztof Sywula