iio for the end user

Hi there,

I have been working towards getting something together which allows the end user to use IIO with 'standard applications' and also support network connectivity. I have a set of ADCs running using IIO at the moment, so I am focussing on input. I am aware that this paradigm may fall over for very high sample rates, but for lower sample rates, of the order of 1 MHz, it should work.

I am writing to this list to find out if there are other networkable approaches in linking iio into other existing protocols/software which would suit the end user ? I am new to this list and didn't find much in the archives, however perhaps I missed something ?

My first attempt for user space IIO is to use Jack and integrate iio into Jack as a driver. I have successfully created this iio driver for jack [1] and I can get the driver to run with very low latencies. The best spec. without overruns is : 4 channels at 1MHz with mmap block sizes of 256 samples using 3 periods ... thats roughly 0.75 ms maximum latency at the jack driver level. The current stage of development is to connect a jack client to this new iio driver and I am in the stage of debugging that work.

thanks
Matt
[1] https://github.com/flatmax/jack1