Re: [IIO] Cleanup userspace

On 08/27/10 16:09, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

>>> Agreed. These ought to be in there and will be needed

>>> That is quite a neat way of doing it though I'm not sure 'type' is the
>>> ideal name.  My immediate thought is that type would be 'acceleration'!
>>> We definitely want this on list.  We'd also want to drop the precision
>>> attribute as that will just confuse things.
>>
>> I'm open for any other name.
> Lets see if anyone else has a suggestion...

actually, having thought about it a bit more (and as no one else chipped in)
I'm happy to go with type as you suggested. It's a nice clear interface.
It should be obvious to anyone looking at the value that it is about the size
of the element (even if they don't immediately follow the /16 bit).
Perhaps we should run this past lkml to see if anyone has a suggestion?

Manuel, it's your idea so you get to write the email ;)