Unified ring buffer patches on lkml.

Hi All,

For those who are interested, the first patches have
emerged from the effort to unify the various kernel
ring buffer implementations.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/7/9/368

I kept out of the original discussion as it was very
tracing heavy, but the results look promising.

At the moment some elements require some arch specific
code that is only in place for x84 and x86_64 but I'd
imagine that will change very soon. For that matter
what is needed isn't that complex, so should be easy
enough to add for other archs.

This might well be a good alternative to ring_sw
for many applications.  Looks very simple to use
for equivalent of the kfifo approach posted here
previously.  Hence we loose the ring status events
but gain a better and more flexible implementation.
Also it removes a big controversial chunk of IIO
code that should make a move out of staging simpler.

Minimum size is 2 pages, (typically 8k).

Jonathan