Re: HD filesystem integrity issues

On 01/02/2014 09:34 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2014-01-02 21:04 (GMT-0600) Robert Hancock composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/dmsgAZBHD201401.txt is dmesg from a STB

Have you checked the dmesg output? There would likely be some indication
of what happened.

Checked for what exactly? That's why I gave it to the list to look at.
The only thing I recognized as a problem indication was "running e2fsck
is recommended".

Is that output from after attempting to run e2fsck? It doesn't appear that in this output it has even finished recognizing the USB hard drive yet. If the OOM killer kicked in, there should be a bunch of output in dmesg about it.

Given that this thing only has 100MB or so of memory,
it seems quite likely that the out-of-memory killer kicked in.

As another responder replied within minutes of my post, and you seem to
have confirmed. It's what I suspected, but I was able to find any way to
confirm other than to ask somewhere outside the device's so-called
support forum.

This isn't really related to linux-ide, the main Linux kernel mailing
list would likely be more suitable.

I was thinking a generic filesystem list, but don't know of one about
ext2/3/4, and thought this better than a high traffic generic list.