Re: PATA port not detected when using AHCI on Intel 82801GB/GR/GH

On 13/02/10 01:04, Alan Cox wrote:
Beyond that I've dug into it with another owner of the same board - the
BIOS has hidden the device. Unfortunately the documentation for the
chipset is quite explicit that while you can hide devices you cannot then
unhide them again.

It might be possible to do something by booting the system in compatible
mode and beating the controller into AHCI + PATA mode but really what is
needed is a BIOS fix.

That BIOS update will never happen, because the device was declared EOL by Intel in January.

So if it's a beating that's needed, I'm happy to give it, just point it out :) Otherwise I guess it's a lost cause, and I'd probably be better off by just plugging a USB stick in an internal USB port than to use the PATA port.