Re: ata_std_qc_defer not good enough for FIS-based switching ?

Mark Lord wrote:
For the first time ever, I can now *heavily* mix PIO commands
with NCQ/non-NCQ DMA commands, to drives on an attached PM
(well, two attached PMs even), and the thing doesn't croak.
Woo-hoo!

Cool.

Time to batch up some patches for Jeff.  But sadly, just in time
to have missed his weekly visit to linux-ide.  :)

I wonder if something like that is what bit sata_sil24 the other day
when I had it plugged in, mixing DMA, NCQ, and PIO commands to drives
on an attached PM?

sil24 and ahci are pretty heavily tested regarding command scheduling. I'll dig into the log soon. Please give me some time.

Thanks.

--
tejun